Config manager features

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
SDohmen

Config manager features

Post by SDohmen »

I have some feature requests for the config manager part of the nagiosql install which i think would helpful.

1. It would be nice if you can view more services/host in 1 screen (possible all). Kinda the same idea when you look at service detail etc with the selection menu where you can set it to ## per page.

2. The possibility to mass edit multiple services at once so you can change the names and other data which is the same or has to be the same.

3. The possibility to enable/disable hosts/services without editing the host/service itself. This would mean its possible to mass enable/disable hosts/services.
mguthrie

Re: Config manager features

Post by mguthrie »

We're currently (amidst other projects) doing a major overhaul of the Core Config Manager. My goal is to have it beta-ready by March, and production ready by this summer.
http://labs.nagios.com/2011/08/09/nagio ... arly-beta/
1. It would be nice if you can view more services/host in 1 screen (possible all). Kinda the same idea when you look at service detail etc with the selection menu where you can set it to ## per page.
This is already present in the new early beta, it allows display counts from 15-250.
2. The possibility to mass edit multiple services at once so you can change the names and other data which is the same or has to be the same.
We have had this request before, and we will probably add this later in some sort of wizard-style format, since the DB relationships in the CCM can get pretty messy very quickly.
3. The possibility to enable/disable hosts/services without editing the host/service itself. This would mean its possible to mass enable/disable hosts/services.
That is an interesting idea. I'll keep that in mind as we continue the redo of the CCM.
SDohmen

Post by SDohmen »

I checked around yesterday and i noticed that the mass enabling/disabling was possible in the latest version of nagiosql. Any time frame available when the new version will be released?
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Our new CCM is actually a fork of nagiosql, so once it's released it won't necessarily reflect changes in NagiosQL. My goal is have the new CCM accessible as a working beta by March, and hopefully have XI switched over to it in production releases by this summer.
SDohmen

Post by SDohmen »

Is it possible to beta test the new CCM?
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Yep, instructions are in the link below. Note that this is an early beta, so it will have some bugs, but these instructions will allow you to install this alongside the existing CCM so that you don't lose the stable config management. There are a few pages that haven't been built yet, I'm hoping to dive back into this project and push to the working beta in the next few weeks.
http://labs.nagios.com/2011/08/09/nagio ... arly-beta/
SDohmen

Post by SDohmen »

Is there a post where we can post bugs etc or do you want us to send them to you?
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Go ahead and send them to me directly. I'll add them to the project TODO.