NagiosXI login page: request access or email administrators

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
yo_marc

NagiosXI login page: request access or email administrators

Post by yo_marc »

Hello Nagios Support,

I had a thought this morning as I considered disabling 'guest' access to one of my XI instances: It might be nice if there were a "request access" or "email administrators" link or button that could be tied back to some Nagios Contact or perhaps just a custom email address that users could use to, well, request a login account or email administrators if they have login issues.

I manage an XI instance where a number of different teams across different organizations have interest in what's monitored. I know for myself, sometimes its easy to forget who exactly to contact in for help or support for something. This would make that easier for our teams customers to contact us for help or access.

I suppose this could apply to Nagios Core, too.

Guest access is very helpful, but sometimes its nice to know and track who is logging into our XI system. (Metrics, KPIs, etc.)

Just a thought!
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: NagiosXI login page: request access or email administra

Post by dwhitfield »

I have submitted your request to the devs. I suspect this will never be a default, as some XI instances are on the public Internet.

As for if this could be an option, the developers will make decisions as to what to include. I believe the earliest you might see this is 5.6, if there is a 5.6. I do not believe there is enough time for this to make it into 5.5. Keep an eye on https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... NGES-5.TXT to see if I'm wrong.
yo_marc

Post by yo_marc »

Cool - Much appreciated!

I certainly understand the issue with public XI's. And no offence taken if this doesn't make the cut. ;)
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

Did you have any other questions or comments about this or are we ready to lock it up?