Need Cisco packet tracer to Nagios XI Connection.

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
grayloglearn

Need Cisco packet tracer to Nagios XI Connection.

Post by grayloglearn »

Hi Team,

I may ask some different question but as per my situation i am asking this question. Generally while we are practicing the nagios or trail we can create the VM and install the windows/linux and we can monitor. for network device we need physical only asper my knowledge.

Is there any choice to connect between cisco packet tracer to nagios xi. so that we can monitor the network device.

I thought that this will help live monitoring while practicing this is the reason to give the idea.
kyang

Re: Need Cisco packet tracer to Nagios XI Connection.

Post by kyang »

I have not seen anything in regards to this integration.

Have you seen our network status map in Nagios XI? As long as you are monitoring your network devices in Nagios XI. That map will show them as a physical device in connection with Nagios XI.

You also have posted a very similar question that another one of our techs answered.

https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... 78#p244378

May I ask that you please try to keep similar questions in the same forum thread. It helps us techs so we are not answering the same question twice.
grayloglearn

Post by grayloglearn »

Hi the user is same.

Support team only suggest that its consider as new feature after support team google it. So i post in new idea.

So in network map status we can configure monitoring for network device?
kyang

Post by kyang »

There is no way to monitor network devices through any of our maps.

If you use our configuration wizard, then it will show up on the network status map. (It's a network map, so it pretty much shows the nodes you are monitoring on XI)