Core Configuration Manager Dashlets

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
ipcsysadmins

Core Configuration Manager Dashlets

Post by ipcsysadmins »

Hi,

I think it would be great if we could add Dashlets that connect to Core Configuration Manager, so we can quickly add services or hosts without having to back and forth between Configure and Dashboard pages.

Thanks
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: Core Configuration Manager Dashlets

Post by npolovenko »

Hi, @ipcsysadmins. Which particular options or menus from the CCM would you like to add to the Home dashboard? To me, it seems like it's going to turn into a mixture of the home dashboard with CCM settings. Also, you could open a CCM in a second browser tab, and place it on another monitor, for example ;) Let me know.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
ipcsysadmins

Post by ipcsysadmins »

Good morning!

I have service groups, alerts, host summaries, and service summaries on my dashboard, but having the ability of adding a service and a host from CCM as a dashlet would essentially create a centralized management page. I'm not the biggest fan of opening up another page with NagiosXI as it only tends to bring a "Pop Out" page, which removes the Navigation header and the left navigation bar for menu selections.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@ipcsysadmins, Hi!
I'm not the biggest fan of opening up another page with NagiosXI as it only tends to bring a "Pop Out" page, which removes the Navigation header and the left navigation bar for menu selections.
Hmm, Not sure how you do that but when I right click on CCM -> Copy Link Adress:
http://192.168.4.172/nagiosxi/includes/ ... -index.php
I can open the CCM normally on my second screen with all menus and with the header.

I can see what you're saying and agree that It'd be cool to be able to just click on a host on the Home dashboard and add a new service on the fly. Right? ;) The problem is that Nagios XI uses a quite complex backend system to save, apply and store the configs, it's not as easy as just adding another element to the HTML DOM on the fly. From the User side, the config needs to be saved and Applied, the page needs to be refreshed. Adding all this functionality to the home page will make things complicated. Nagios is not a React like application but it heavily relies on backend serverside modules and scripts.
Also, there are too many elements that you can create from the CCM, how do we decide which ones to add to the homepage? What about all the wizards that users use to add hosts and services? Should we add them to the home page as well?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.