Help for Nagiosgraph + groupdb

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
nraj

Help for Nagiosgraph + groupdb

Post by nraj »

Hi,

I have successfully installed and configured Nagios Core v4.3.4. And also Nagiosgraph v1.5.2
Here I explain my Nagiosgraph requirement, and the problem I am facing

I have some services whose DB and data are as below:
1. Service name "HV L1", DB name hvL1 has four data namely ipos,vpos,ineg,vneg
2. Service name "HV L2", DB name hvL2 has four data namely ipos,vpos,ineg,vneg

Going by its default action, Nagios displays a graph for each service with all four of ipos,vpos,ineg,vneg . No problem till here.

As can be guessed, they are current and voltage measurements, therefore I want current and voltage in separate graphs.
Towards this, I have these following entries in groupdb file (which is pointed to correctly in nagiosgraph.conf)
Current=localhost,HV L1&db=hvL1,ipos,ineg
Current=localhost,HV L2&db=hvL2,ipos,ineg

Voltage=localhost,HV L1&db=hvL1,vpos,vneg
Voltage=localhost,HV L2&db=hvL2,vpos,vneg
Is the above syntax right? Note that, in the same line I am asking Nagios to plot two data of a DB in a graph and two other of same DB in another graph. Nagiosgraph keeps telling me to "Please install the perl module Nagios::Object to obtain groups from the Nagios configuration, or specify groups manually in the groupdb file."

Can someone please help me with this? Thanks a lot!
tmcdonald

Re: Help for Nagiosgraph + groupdb

Post by tmcdonald »

We neither wrote nor do we maintain Nagiosgraph, so this might be better asked on their forum: https://sourceforge.net/p/nagiosgraph/discussion/394748
Former Nagios employee