How to monitor the modification, editing and creation of fil

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
mdelariva

How to monitor the modification, editing and creation of fil

Post by mdelariva »

I am currently looking for a way to notify the email in case someone outside my organization edits, modifies or creates any file inside a folder. to avoid important changes in the file
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: How to monitor the modification, editing and creation of

Post by npolovenko »

@mdelariva, Is this file located on a Linux or windows server? Are you already using any monitoring agent on the remote server? Please take a look at the following file/folder checks that we have:
https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/f ... s-783.html
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
josephkarl

Post by josephkarl »

The email notifications not coming and the issue is happening from past few days. The thing is that we have to every aspect before applying that. The monitoring is not happening and the editing and creation have to be modified.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@josephkarl, You said:
The email notifications not coming and the issue is happening from past few days.
Email notifications stopped working for all services? You want to fix email notifications before moving on to setting up the file monitoring check, right?

1. Please run the following command and let me know if it fixes email notifications:
echo "truncate table xi_events; truncate table xi_meta; truncate table xi_eventqueue;" | mysql -uroot -pnagiosxi nagiosxi
2. Let me know the names of services and hosts that were supposed to send email notifications but didn't.

Could you also generate and send in your Nagios XI System Profile so I can review it?
To send us your system profile. Login to the Nagios XI GUI using a web browser.
Click the "Admin" > "System Profile" Menu
Click the "Download Profile" button
Save the profile.zip file and send it to me in a private message.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.