Capacity Planning Alarms

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
fpernet

Capacity Planning Alarms

Post by fpernet »

Hi All,

We are Nagios partner and a lot of our customers like to see the capacity planning reports already presents in the report section.

However, when they is a large set of hosts/services to report to, a scheduled report is quite unusable (too long to read)

The idea would be to have either:
- only send the most critical capacity reports, based on some criterias
- alarms we can put on future thresholds (ex: please alarm me when in six months, the disk will be full at 90%) ... or twice the actual, ...
- sorted list of reports based on criterias (faster growing, ...)

Thanks
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Capacity Planning Alarms

Post by cdienger »

I'll submit a feature request to add additional filtering criteria to capacity reports on your behalf. Please keep in mind that the decision to implement the enhancement is at the discretion of our development team.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
fpernet

Post by fpernet »

Hi @cdienger ,

Thank you for the feed-back and action.
I know that Dev team will have the last word... nevertheless, as i said, Capacity Planning is a real demand (ElasticSearch does, Splunk does, ....) and that could be a real advantage to propose this feature as complete as possible in NagiosXI.

Thx again.

Francois
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

fpernet wrote:Hi @cdienger ,

Thank you for the feed-back and action.
I know that Dev team will have the last word... nevertheless, as i said, Capacity Planning is a real demand (ElasticSearch does, Splunk does, ....) and that could be a real advantage to propose this feature as complete as possible in NagiosXI.

Thx again.

Francois
Locking thread
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com