Network Status Map Filtering

Discuss new project and feature ideas here.
See labs.nagios.com for new projects under development.

Network Status Map Filtering

Postby optionstechnology » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:30 am

The network Status map is really cool but it needs the ability to filter by hostgroup

Once you have more than 500 or so hosts on it its just a mush of overlapping hosts

There are some hosts that I want to display in this, like network hosts for example - what it was designed for, and exclude servers... Is there any way of doing this?
optionstechnology

Re: Network Status Map Filtering

Postby scottwilkerson » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:27 pm

optionstechnology wrote:Once you have more than 500 or so hosts on it its just a mush of overlapping hosts

You can change the layout using the collapsed menu in the upper right, but I agree it can be overwhelming if you have a lot of hosts

optionstechnology wrote:There are some hosts that I want to display in this, like network hosts for example - what it was designed for, and exclude servers... Is there any way of doing this?

This is not currently available, and frankly I'm not 100% sure it could work because the maps depend on knowing parent/child relationships and this would break if a parent was excluded.

That said, this map is part of the Nagios Core project and you could make a feature request for it here
https://github.com/NagiosEnterprises/nagioscore/issues
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Return to Nagios Ideas