Network Status Map Filtering

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
optionstechnology

Network Status Map Filtering

Post by optionstechnology »

The network Status map is really cool but it needs the ability to filter by hostgroup

Once you have more than 500 or so hosts on it its just a mush of overlapping hosts

There are some hosts that I want to display in this, like network hosts for example - what it was designed for, and exclude servers... Is there any way of doing this?
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: Network Status Map Filtering

Post by scottwilkerson »

optionstechnology wrote:Once you have more than 500 or so hosts on it its just a mush of overlapping hosts
You can change the layout using the collapsed menu in the upper right, but I agree it can be overwhelming if you have a lot of hosts
optionstechnology wrote:There are some hosts that I want to display in this, like network hosts for example - what it was designed for, and exclude servers... Is there any way of doing this?
This is not currently available, and frankly I'm not 100% sure it could work because the maps depend on knowing parent/child relationships and this would break if a parent was excluded.

That said, this map is part of the Nagios Core project and you could make a feature request for it here
https://github.com/NagiosEnterprises/nagioscore/issues
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com