Nagios XI - Set BPI priority in Hostgroup/Servicegroup .cfg

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
yo_marc

Nagios XI - Set BPI priority in Hostgroup/Servicegroup .cfg

Post by yo_marc »

Feature request / Idea: Have the ability to set the BPI priority within a Hostgroup or Servicegroup config.

Reason / Use-case:

I have recently been working with Nagios XI's BPI component - I found the BPI functionality suits us best if I group high priority systems into Hostgroups, and then simply use the BPI sync feature to import them into the tool. (I find manual BPI configs can easily get broken on our rather large 1000-host system). I have a lot of other hostgroups, so to make these important ones stand out, I raised their priority to 'high' so that they could be seen on the first page of the BPI component. Today, I noticed that these priorities were reset. I had to go back in and reset them to 'high' again. A little time consuming in our large BPI config.

I think it would be nice if we could in some way set this priority in the Hostgroup (or Servicegroup), and just let the BPI sync take care of the rest.
benjaminsmith

Re: Nagios XI - Set BPI priority in Hostgroup/Servicegroup .

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello @yo_marc,

Appreciate your input on the BPI component. I did submit a feature request for this enhancement. Please keep in mind that the decision to implement the enhancement is at the discretion of our development team.

Let us if you have any other questions.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!