SAML/SSO

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Arne

SAML/SSO

Post by Arne »

Yes this is not a new request but I have to still put it in.

I can confidently say that the single reason my entire company is not using Nagios is the lack of SAML/SSO authentication. Everyone here works on AAD and all laptops are rolled out with intune. We are getting rid of all local machines and want everything to be based in the cloud (preferably SaaS based but we'll accept having to host it ourselves). Yes we can put an authentication layer in front which will authenticate the user, but that still can't integrate with nagios.

So please please put it on the roadmap ? You can actually use the system to accept token with custom claims, meaning that you accept the token as a whole and use a custom property in the token which equals to the internal account created for that user.
mbellerue

Re: SAML/SSO

Post by mbellerue »

Hi @Arne,

Welcome to the forums! Thanks for taking the time to create an account to request this feature. You're right, it's not the first time it has been requested. But it doesn't hurt to have more people requesting the feature. I'll add your post's weight to the weight of others asking for SAML auth. For what it's worth, I whole heartedly agree. SAML auth is incredibly flexible, and very useful.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!