CCM not updating config files

This forum is to be used by people who have downloaded the Student or Pro VM

CCM not updating config files

Postby ssawin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:15 am

Not sure what started this but my CCM changes are not being reflected in the nagios config files. I tried the obvious and rebooted the nagios server. I have also updated my professional install. I have also tried the manual process of write config, verify config and restart nagios. I then checked the nagios config files and the changes were not reflected. I manually added my changes to the config file and it worked.

On occasion been able to get an update through but I have not been able to replicate it

CCM 1.03
Nagios 4.2.1
ssawin

Re: CCM not updating config files

Postby dwhitfield » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:47 pm

ssawin wrote:I have also tried the manual process of write config, verify config and restart nagios.

This was a good idea, but the first step here should be to delete the files. Can you try that again?

Also, please attach or PM your MySQL logs.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Postby ssawin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:50 pm

Ok I was a bit worried but I tried deleting one of the service files I have had issues with and when I clicked write config it wrote the file. I tried making a change to that config from within ccm and applied updates and it did not make the changes to the config file. Out of curiosity how many of the files within the nagios/etc dir can i delete?

Attached. Hope that is the correct log file.
Attachments
mysqld.log
(22.93 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
ssawin

Postby scottwilkerson » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:14 pm

ssawin wrote:Ok I was a bit worried but I tried deleting one of the service files I have had issues with and when I clicked write config it wrote the file. I tried making a change to that config from within ccm and applied updates and it did not make the changes to the config file. Out of curiosity how many of the files within the nagios/etc dir can i delete?

Attached. Hope that is the correct log file.

You should be able to delete all in the services and hosts directory and they would return when you write the configuration files through the CCM
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Return to Nagios Core Student/Pro VM