AD Integration

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
CPBCAnderson

AD Integration

Post by CPBCAnderson »

Hello,
I'm attempting to set up AD integration so my other admins can log in with their AD credentials, but have not been able to get it to work.

Problem 1: TLS Encryption will not work. I have many other applications that authenticate using TLS over port 636, but when I have that options selected in NNA I cannot log in when attempting to import LDAP/AD users. If I switch Encryption to None I can then connect. Any ideas on why TLS won't work?

Problem 2: When I attempt to Import AD users using no encryption I can't actually see any users in the "Select Users to Import" page. At first I had selected a 2nd level OU as my base search DN, and the Select Users page just showed me all of the OUs under it. That OU didn't actually have users in it, but it didn't allow me to expand OUs to find my users.

When I selected a more specific base DN that has users in it the "Select Users to Import" window was blank. Any thoughts on why this won't find my AD users?

Thanks!
Chris
eloyd
Cool Title Here

Re: AD Integration

Post by eloyd »

I just created a new Windows 2012 R2 server, made it an AD domain controller, and aimed our NNA AD to this new box with no encryption. Everything worked. Then I changed the encryption to TLS and everything still worked. So, I have no idea why you're seeing what you're seeing there.

As for the second issue, it sounds as though your DN or OU is not what you think it is, or else you're not authenticating as a user that has admin access to that OU.
Eric Loyd • http://everwatch.global • 844.240.EVER • @EricLoydI'm a Nagios Fanatic!
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

@CPBCAnderson, any time you can break your problems into segments like that, it's best to have two different forum threads.

That said, what version of TLS are you using?
CPBCAnderson

Post by CPBCAnderson »

Sorry, I realized that I never updated this!

I never found a problem with the encrypted connection to AD, whenever I try SSL or TLS it won't let me connect. Other apps don't have this problem, so we're just not using it for now.

I did end up fixing the AD connection issues by entering my root DN instead of a specific OU's DN. I then had to drill down to find my users, but previously it didn't show any users when I entered the specific OU that my admins are in.

Thanks!
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Thanks for posting your findings.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!