User Management

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
judge01

User Management

Post by judge01 »

is there a plan to add additional user rights in addition to Admin and User that we have now?

wouldn't it be beneficial to add a report admin that can create and run reports but does not have a full admin rights? or is there a way to do that now that i still haven't figured out. :)
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: User Management

Post by scottwilkerson »

A standard user can create and run reports without being an admin.

If you want them to be able to report on all hosts/services they just need the Can see all objects right
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
judge01

Post by judge01 »

i noticed that when signed in as a user,
1. i cant save a created report
2. in running a custom report i dont have the "Limiter" option, that is available if you are signed-in as an admin.

for reference please see screen shots below:

Signed in as "admin"
admin.PNG
Signed in as a "user"
user.PNG

I only have 1 source/port for multiple devices sending flows as a setup which is why having this option on the reporting is needed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

You are correct, standard users cannot save reports as they are view-able by all users and admins.

However you do bring up a good point that they are also unable to add limiters and I have mentioned this to the development staff.

It is possible in a future major version that report could be split and allow users to save their own customizable reports but it does not exist at present.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
judge01

Post by judge01 »

thank you. hopefully it makes it there. :)