unable to get logs in my network

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
sandeeptickoo

unable to get logs in my network

Post by sandeeptickoo »

Hi Nagios Team,

I need your help, I installed your trial nagios network analyzer software successfully on my network, but I am unable to get logs from my whole network for monitoring purpose, see help me.
i wanna monitor my all users summarize bandwidth utilization per source or by IP.

If it is possible, i can provide teamviewer access for the same.

Thanks,
Sandeep
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tmcdonald

Re: unable to get logs in my network

Post by tmcdonald »

There is a lot going on here.

For starters, I have moved this out of the Nagios XI section and into the Nagios Network Analyzer section since that seems to be the product you are using. In the future, please take care to post in the correct section.

Second, Nagios Network Analyzer does not collect logs. Nagios Log Server collects logs, if that is what you are looking to do. If you want to collect and analyze Netflow data, then Nagios Network Analyzer is what you want.

Third, what specific problem are you running into? Have you attempted to follow any guides or set up sources yourself?

Finally, if you wish to do a remote session with us you will need to have a paid support contract. You can contact sales@nagios.com if you wish to become a customer with active support benefits.
Former Nagios employee
sandeeptickoo

Post by sandeeptickoo »

Hi,

ok noted...

yes i am looking for analyze Netflow data in my network, bandwidth utilization per source or by IP.

Thanks,
Sandeep
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

sandeeptickoo wrote:Hi,

ok noted...

yes i am looking for analyze Netflow data in my network, bandwidth utilization per source or by IP.

Thanks,
Sandeep
Here is the installation guide
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ctions.pdf
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
sandeeptickoo

Post by sandeeptickoo »

Hi,

looking to collect NetFlow information from Fortigate Firewall (192.168.60.1) to Nagios Network Analyzer.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

Here is the complete admin guide you can follow that once you have Network Analyzer installed
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... es/nna-ag/

I also spent the time to look up how to configure Netflow on a Fortigate, but this may vary by version of your firewall
http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink. ... ID=FD36460
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com