install on CentOS 7 - The step that failed was: 'db'

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
swolf
Developer

Re: install on CentOS 7 - The step that failed was: 'db'

Post by swolf »

I'm going to give a slightly different answer than lmiltchev, because the 'obsoleted' notice on the install makes it look like you have a custom RPM repository installed (which is likely, given that you're using a company template). The 'choice' to use mysql-community over mariadb was probably done automatically by yum, whereas the command to restart the service is hard-coded in our install script and assumes the expected package was installed.

If you're able to run on one of the 'true' minimal ISOs provided by centos.org, this will probably be the easiest way to get everything working. Otherwise, there's a chance we'd be able to modify the repo information on that VM, but there's still a chance something else would fail in the install process for roughly the same reason.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy
dais

Post by dais »

I was getting the same error but in Ubuntu...
(because mysql-server was not preinstalled and root password given was wrong)

Resolution is uninstall and install database server again properly with root password.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

dais wrote:I was getting the same error but in Ubuntu...
(because mysql-server was not preinstalled and root password given was wrong)

Resolution is uninstall and install database server again properly with root password.
Glad it is resolved

Locking
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com