[Solved] - Missing Fields and Tables from Fresh Install

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
cmlytle

[Solved] - Missing Fields and Tables from Fresh Install

Post by cmlytle »

I have done a fresh install of Nagios Network Analyzer. Everything seemed to install correctly when I went to the URL for Network Analyzer, it asked me to make the nagiosadmin and password. I did so and when I try to log in I got an error that it was unable to find 'type' column in the nagiosna_users table. When looking in the nagiosna.sql that was extracted from the nagiosna-latest.tar.gz it did not have anything on creating the columns of type, auth_server_id, and auth_server_data. To test I added those columns in the table, and then when I try and add a user I get

A Database Error Occurred
Error Number: 1146

Table 'nagiosna.nagiosna_auth_servers' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM (`nagiosna_auth_servers`)

Filename: /var/www/html/nagiosna/application/controllers/admin.php

Line Number: 130

Anyone else have issues like this?
Last edited by cmlytle on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: Missing Fields and Tables from Fresh Install

Post by npolovenko »

Hello, @cmlytle. Is this a clean install on a clean server? No other software was installed on this server before? And no leftover databases left from previous installs? Also, what is the operating system?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
cmlytle

Re: Missing Fields and Tables from Fresh Install

Post by cmlytle »

Hello npolovenko,

After posting this, I was able to work with a Nagios technician on a call and get it resolved.

It turned out there was some things stuff left over from a non-successful install. After we re-installed the mariadb/mysql and recreated the database and imported the sql and did a full install it resolved the issues.

This happened on a fresh OS install of RHEL 7.5.

To note if you get it installed and when you try and remove the a source and you get a dialog to remove and you ok and then a blank dialog this is most likely the sudoers files for the nna ID is not correctly implemented.

Thank you at Nagios for the quick response and the help.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: [Solved] - Missing Fields and Tables from Fresh Install

Post by npolovenko »

@cmlytle, Glad we were able to help you and thanks for the follow-up. I will be closing this thread as resolved.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.