Migrating from SolarWinds to NNA

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
JGCG

Migrating from SolarWinds to NNA

Post by JGCG »

Hi,

We currently run SolarWinds which we are looking to replace with NNA.
I have very limited knowledge on both products, but as the Nagios XI admin, I've been tasked with seeing if replacing SolarWinds is possible (is NNA an adequete replacement for SolaraWinds, i.e. does it have all the same functionality?).

I've span up the NNA trial version but I'm a little stumped at this point.
I've checked the SoloarWinds config for our 300+ nodes, and most are set up to use 'SNMP and ICMP', but under the 'Sources' section in NNA (the only place I can see to add nodes), there doesn't seem to be a way to set up the necessary nodes using SNMP.

Is it possible to use SNMP? Or are we going to need to change the way we monitor all the devices?
Also, is there a guide to follow for migrating from SolowarWinds to NNA?

Thanks.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: Migrating from SolarWinds to NNA

Post by ssax »

While I can't comment on whether or not a competing product has feature parity (which is usually never the case) because I've never used any others, NNA uses netflow/sflow that is sent from the device to get it's information, there is no SNMP query functionality built-in.

XI would do the SNMP/ICMP monitoring portion of it but not related to netflow/sflow data, although there are some plugins out there that do it but you would have to see if they meet your needs.

We also don't have a migration guide for that.

Let me know if I can clear anything up or if you have any other related questions.

Thank you