API will not connect in config wizard in NagiosXI

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
LAINFOSEC

API will not connect in config wizard in NagiosXI

Post by LAINFOSEC »

Hello,

I have obtained the API key from the correct location in NNA. I used the correct IP(also tried DNS) and a various combination of settings when adding NNA to NagiosXI. When I use the wizard and the API attempts to connect, I am constantly give this error:

Code: Select all

Failed connect to API. Check your connection to the host (using SSL?) and make sure your Nagios Network Analyzer is version 2014R1.5 or higher.
Would the firewall be causing this?

NNA is updated to the latest version. (2.4.0)

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
"New technology is not good or evil in and of itself. It's all about how people choose to use it."
benjaminsmith

Re: API will not connect in config wizard in NagiosXI

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello @LAPFCU,

Are you using SSl on both Network Analzyer and Nagios XI? If you only have one system configured to use SSL the integration will not work. I would recommend configuring both system to use SSL and try again.

See: Configuring SSL/TLS with Nagios Network Analyzer

Please let me know if that's the issue or not.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
LAINFOSEC

Post by LAINFOSEC »

@benjaminsmith Thank you for your reply. I have not distributed SSL to either. In fact when I did so for the Network Analyzer server, using the Microsoft CA, it broke the server. I tried many things and could not get a successful outcome. I searched around and found that many people had a similar issue.

The closest I got was changing my Apache version, getting the cert installed, and everything was up, but it would no longer load the core PHP files of the Net-Analyzer site. I figured it had to do with the rewrite because it wasnt going to the same directory it did before. But when I changed it, that didn't solve the problem. Then when I went to check the directory where the Net-Analyzer site files are, the directory was somehow empty.

This has been a major headache :/
"New technology is not good or evil in and of itself. It's all about how people choose to use it."
LAINFOSEC

Post by LAINFOSEC »

I have solved the issue. When pasting in the Microsoft CA signed SSL, it was cutting of part of the "-----Begin Certificate-----" I fixed this and Apache came back up. The component now shows connected in Nagios XI. Thank you for your help.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi @LAPFCU,
I have solved the issue. When pasting in the Microsoft CA signed SSL, it was cutting of part of the "-----Begin Certificate-----" I fixed this and Apache came back up. The component now shows connected in Nagios XI. Thank you for your help.
Good news and thanks for update! I'll go ahead and mark this topic is closed.

Thank you for using the Nagios Support Forum.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!