Licence activation after reinstallation

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
johnycled

Licence activation after reinstallation

Post by johnycled »

Hi All,

I want to reinstall our NNA server for the following reasons:
- We're running it on a virtual wmware appliance provided by Nagios (which is about 10G0 HDD)
- It's a bit slow

Here are the specifications of our current NNA server:
- Installed on VMware EXSi 6.5 VM
- RAM: 6GB
- HDD: 200GB (the virtual appliance downloaded on the nagios website only consider 10G0)
- NNA version: 2.2.3

We want to take advantage of the new version NNA 2.3.1. Instead of making an update (which will require extend current disk size and back up the NNA conf files and data ...) I want to install a new NNA server from source on a clean redhat installation.

Here is my question:

Can I reuse our current NNA license key to activate the license on the new installation? (I will then erase our old installation). In other words, is the license key reusable?

Thanks in advance.
tmcdonald

Re: Licence activation after reinstallation

Post by tmcdonald »

Please contact sales@nagios.com and they can help you transfer the license to the new server.
Former Nagios employee
johnycled

Post by johnycled »

tmcdonald wrote:Please contact sales@nagios.com and they can help you transfer the license to the new server.
sure. Thanks.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

This question will be addressed by the sales dept. I'll close this thread in the support queue.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.