NNA Basics

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
rkane

NNA Basics

Post by rkane »

Hi there, looking for some info on the basics here. First question:

If I go and configure three sources and I know traffic flow is all going to go through SourceA, most through SourceB, and some through SourceC...am I going to see duplicate and triplicate data in XI for a given host?
tgriep
Madmin

Re: NNA Basics

Post by tgriep »

If you are viewing, querying or running reports on just one source at a time, all you will be seeing is what was flowing through that source.
If you create a Source Group and add those sources to the group, and then view the group, report or query, it is supposed to aggregate the data if it can figure out is the data is duplicated.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
rkane

Post by rkane »

Makes sense. And what about in Nagios XI...if I go to a particular host and click on the Network Traffic Analysis tab, will it be incorrect as it is displaying data from all sources?
tgriep wrote:If you are viewing, querying or running reports on just one source at a time, all you will be seeing is what was flowing through that source.
If you create a Source Group and add those sources to the group, and then view the group, report or query, it is supposed to aggregate the data if it can figure out is the data is duplicated.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

That will show the data to and from that host and it should aggregate it if possible.
The query runs on the NNA server and is only displayed in the XI GUI.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!