Install Issues

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
rpearson

Install Issues

Post by rpearson »

Running 'wkhtmltopdf'...
--2021-10-20 10:42:00-- http://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagi ... .amd64.deb
Resolving assets.nagios.com (assets.nagios.com)... 45.79.49.120, 2600:3c00::f03c:92ff:fef7:45ce
Connecting to assets.nagios.com (assets.nagios.com)|45.79.49.120|:80... failed: Connection refused.
Connecting to assets.nagios.com (assets.nagios.com)|2600:3c00::f03c:92ff:fef7:45ce|:80... failed: Network is unreachable.

===================
INSTALLATION ERROR!
===================
Installation step failed - exiting.
Check for error messages in the install log (install.log).

If you require assistance in resolving the issue, please include install.log
in your communications with Nagios Enterprises technical support.

The log suggests running full install again and when I do that it says its already installed and to run upgrade. When I do the upgrade it says it is successful and I can load it on the web browser but I cannot. I noticed in my firewall that it appears to potentially have blocked some port 80 traffic at the time and I am wondering if that was the issue? How can I proceed - I could open the firewall to finish the install but how do I uninstall to do the re-install - or is there a better option?

The step that failed was: 'wkhtmltopdf'
pbroste

Re: Install Issues

Post by pbroste »

Hello @rpearson

Thanks for reaching out, to uninstall the Nagios Network Analyzer so you can run the installer again. Sounds like you will open up the firewall and want to verify that selinux was disabled when you ran this installation?

Code: Select all

sestatus
If so, set it to 'disabled' and retry the installation.

We do not have an uninstaller for the Nagios Network Analyzer please do the following to clean it up:

sudo rm -rf /usr/local/nagiosna
sudo rm -rf /var/www/html/nagiosna/
and

sudo rm /etc/init.d/nagiosna
It is recommended to remove the Nagios Network Analyzer installer and download a fresh copy.

Thanks,
Perry
rpearson

Post by rpearson »

sestatus says command not found. I will try the rest of it.
pbroste

Post by pbroste »

Hello @rpearson

Thanks for following up, depending on the Linux distro on what security apps are enabled. There is Selinux, AppArmor, and others.

Please let us know how things go,
Perry
rpearson

Post by rpearson »

Now I am seeing this:

nagiosna.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install.
Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable nagiosna
nagiosna step completed OK
Running 'backend'...
backend step completed OK
Running 'db'...
ERROR 1007 (HY000) at line 1: Can't create database 'nagiosna'; database exists
ERROR: could not create database. Invalid root MySQL password?

I should mention I am installing this on the same server as NagiosXI - I assume that is OK?
pbroste

Post by pbroste »

Hello @rpearson

Thanks for following up with the details, we do not suggest that the Network Analyzer and XI be on the same server. Will run into conflicts with the database and other things going forward.

Thanks,
Perry
rpearson

Post by rpearson »

I had it installed and running on the Virtual Server and I went to look at it today and it no longer showed my source that I setup and then all the links on the page would saw URL not found on the server. Tried rebooting with no luck. Noticed it was running a bit slow so I also upped the RAM on it.
pbroste

Post by pbroste »

Hello @rpearson

Please let us know if you want us to take a further look into logging.

Thanks,
Perry
rpearson wrote:I had it installed and running on the Virtual Server and I went to look at it today and it no longer showed my source that I setup and then all the links on the page would saw URL not found on the server. Tried rebooting with no luck. Noticed it was running a bit slow so I also upped the RAM on it.