Views don't seem to be working properly

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
TByrdWA

Views don't seem to be working properly

Post by TByrdWA »

Good morning,

I have a switch that is pushing sflow data to our NNA, I can see the traffic and the IP's associated and being seen on the port in relation to the source.

Lets say this information is true:
Switch IP: 10.172.4.254
One of the IPs that is picked up by the Source (in NNA): 10.172.4.52
Listening port is: 6565
NNA Server: 10.182.4.25
NNA Source name: Test Switch
NNA Source port: 6565
NNA Incoming Flow type: sflow

When I create a View to only view traffic from the switch IP I see no data being sent or received. When I create a view for the .52 IP address I get the same result, no data. Even though when I am in NNA and on the created source using port 6565 I can see that those two IPs are clearly there and talking on that port and to the server. But applying the view displays that there is no data there.

I'm fresh to NNA so I need some help if you can provide it. Thank you!

-Tyler
pbroste

Re: Views don't seem to be working properly

Post by pbroste »

Hello @TByrdWA

Thanks for reaching out, and want to check on a few things so we can further help with this matter.

I understand that you have made updates to the firewall to allow data, do you know if there is any security application running like selinux?

Code: Select all

sestatus
I understand that you see sflow data on port 6565:

tcpdump port 6565
To further understand, I want to take a look through the logs so we can see what is going on.

tar -czvf /tmp/analyzerlogs.tar.gz /usr/local/nagiosna/var
Please follow up and send over the '/tmp/analyzerlogs.tar.qz' results.

Thanks,
Perry