Monitor a linux file using nagios core

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Srinija544

Monitor a linux file using nagios core

Post by Srinija544 »

Hi,

Any one please help me on how can we monitor a file in a directory of a linux server using nagios core.

Thanks and Regards,
Srinija.
benjaminsmith

Re: Monitor a linux file using nagios core

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi @Srinija544,

Take a look the page below on our knowledge-base. There are a number of examples for monitoring file and folders with Nagios, and let me know if you have any specific questions.

File And Folder Checks
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
Srinija544

Post by Srinija544 »

We are using Linux server of Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.10 (Santiago).
I am unable to find any specific plugin used to monitor a pattern in a file of linux server in KB's. Please help on this. :(
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,

There are thousands of plugins on the Nagios Exchange. Have you looked on the exchange for a plugin that meets your requirements?

Nagios Exchange
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!