Proposed NSCA IP patch

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
SoulA

Proposed NSCA IP patch

Post by SoulA »

I apologize beforehand if this is not the right place to put this.

When running NSCA with the --single option it is very difficult to tell what who the peer IP was for a connection when you have multiple connections because in single mode no new processes are made to track events. In the other two modes you can correlate events to one another using PID. The attached patch moves the gathering and displaying of peer IP info to later in the process to make things more clear.

The only side affect that I have seen with this patch is that if there any failures when calling getpeername() the client who is sending data will still report a successful send of the data (which it technically has). Before since getpeername() was called much earlier if there were any issues the client would report a failure. Personally, I don't see that as a huge deal. I'd imagine getpeername() failures are rare and the server end of things still logs the issue.
Attachments
nsca_ip_fix.zip
(1.29 KiB) Downloaded 289 times