Check_snmp_storage returning error

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
jay.thakkar

Check_snmp_storage returning error

Post by jay.thakkar »

I am using nagios core 4.3.7 installed on Centos 7. I want to monitor the storage of remote host through SNMP and I configured as below.

Code: Select all

define service{
        use                             local-service         ; Name of service template to use
        host_name                       Desktop-0079
        service_description             Desktop-0079 storage
        check_command                   check_snmp_storage_v1!/!85!95! -r
       }
but getting error like this:
(Return code of 255 is out of bounds : (No output on stdout) stderr: SNMP object version 5.0703 does not match $SNMP::VERSION 5.0702 at /usr/local/share/perl5/DynaLoader.pm line 213.))

I have tried all the possible things given on internet to solve this error but I am stuck. Please help!
Last edited by tmcdonald on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use [code][/code] tags around long output
tgriep
Madmin

Re: Check_snmp_storage returning error

Post by tgriep »

I have seen errors like this in the past, it usually means that the permissions for the plugin is incorrect or that one of the required perl modules permissions is not set correctly.
When the Nagios process runs a plugin, it runs it using the nagios user account, try running the plugin while logged in to the system as the nagios user and and post the error so we can view it.
Also, post the plugin here so we can view it's requirements.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!