Nagios show some host critical

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
asiansuntrading

Nagios show some host critical

Post by asiansuntrading »

hi
When we resetting a host, Nagios core detect a number of other hosts "Critical" that have a same renge IPs with host that we reset it. but in fact, those hosts aren't critical. what is your approach?
thanks
Last edited by asiansuntrading on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Nagios show some host critical

Post by dwhitfield »

I'm not sure I understand the issue. Can you attach some screenshots of what you are seeing?

It sounds like your servers may be getting their IP addresses from DHCP. Is that correct?

What version of Core are you using? Was it compiled from source or installed from distro repos? On what OS/version is nagios running? cat /etc/*-release may be of use. Those questions will help us determine file paths so that we can help you.
bolson

Post by bolson »

Hello asiansuntrading
Please describe for us the exact steps you are taking and the result you're getting and the result that you're expecting.

Thank you!
asiansuntrading

Post by asiansuntrading »

Hi
Sorry, I edit my question in the underline text form.
We reset a host with an IP address .ok? :) After reset that host, nagios (4.3.2) detect some of other hosts Critical. (but in the fact those are "UP" and have a same range IPs with host that we reset it!). Very strange!
I hope you understand what I mean...
Thanks
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

Please attach your nagios.cfg and the config files for the host where IP was changed and another host in that range. Do you have the host that was changed set up as a parent? Can you please attach a screenshot of exactly what you are seeing in the UI?