Email Notifications using Nagios Core - (Need Help)

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
RyanJohnston

Email Notifications using Nagios Core - (Need Help)

Post by RyanJohnston »

Hello,

I am currently using Nagios Core v4.1.1 to monitor multiple severs and I have been experiencing some problems with our email notifications.

Two problems:
-One server is sending emails every hour saying the server is UP and notification type: PROBLEM.
-Other server on Sunday morning between midnight and 6am is sending the same server UP email every minute.

All other servers are sending correct emails when servers go down and up. Could someone point me in the right direction? I have been looking through configuration files and reading through forums but can't seem to find the problem.
tgriep
Madmin

Re: Email Notifications using Nagios Core - (Need Help)

Post by tgriep »

The first thing to try is to make sure there is not a duplicate nagios process running on the server.
To stop them, run the following commands as root.

Code: Select all

service nagios stop
killall -9 nagios
service nagios start
If that doesn't fix the issue, take a look at the objects.cache file for those hosts to see if the configurations are correct.
When the nagios daemon starts, it load all of the config files and consolidates them into the running config file called objects.cache.

Another place to look is at the status.dat file.
That file is the current running status and check it to see if those hosts are running the checks and returning the correct status.

If you still have questions about this, post the entries from the objects.cache file and the entries from the status.dat file so we can view them.
Thanks.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!