Automating parent child relationship creation - NOT manually

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
toneill2000

Automating parent child relationship creation - NOT manually

Post by toneill2000 »

Is there a way to automate the creation of a parent child relationship instead of having to manually do this and then apply in the UI? I have thousands of relationships I want to create, I need to find the least manual approach to accomplish this.

I don't see this functionality available in the REST API - at least not in the documentation. It looks like perhaps it would be an option to insert records directly in the MySQL DB or develop a custom API endpoint integration.

Does anyone have an idea on what the best practice would be? Thanks in advance.
Todd
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Automating parent child relationship creation - NOT manu

Post by dwhitfield »

toneill2000 wrote: I don't see this functionality available in the REST API
Are you using Core or XI? The above quote makes me thing XI. Either way, not having the restart/reload is coming in Core 5: https://www.nagios.com/roadmaps/
toneill2000

Post by toneill2000 »

We are using Nagios XI 5.4.8 and an instance of 5.4.11. You reference the road map for V5. Is there a way (best practice) to accomplish this with the versions I'm using? I'll include version on my next posts to help clarify. Thanks a lot in advance.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

No big deal, but for future reference, we can move posts as needed. I'm going to leave and lock this one since you created a new one.