Conditionally display Nagios Host/Service

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
vlakshman

Conditionally display Nagios Host/Service

Post by vlakshman »

Team,

Consider that we have 2 Hosts (Primary Host and Data Redundancy/Backup Host). Both hosts have same services defined and get the same information.

I am currently monitoring both these Hosts & Services.
Scenerio:
1) There can be a case where one Host is UP & other is DOWN
2) There can be a case where one service is OK & other is NON-OK state

Expectation: I would like to display only the Hosts that's UP & Service that's OK at a given time and hide the NON-OK Service and DOWN Hosts in run time.

NOTE:

1) I know we have Host & Service Clustering with which we can set the state of Cluster based on members. But this implementation will show both the Hosts/Services

2) With register = 0, entire service gets registered or treated as template during compile time.

I would like to show only the OK ones. Is there a way to achieve this conditional rendering of Nagios Host/ Service based on states?
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Conditionally display Nagios Host/Service

Post by cdienger »

The logic would need to be added but a potential work around would be to setup links to display services in an OK state on the host:

http://nagios_ip/nagios/cgi-bin/status.cgi?host=hostname&servicestatustypes=2
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.