Monitoring docker containers from Rancher using nagios

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
madhurima12

Monitoring docker containers from Rancher using nagios

Post by madhurima12 »

Hi! I was wondering if there are any documentations on how to deploy a nagios Docker image using Rancher and use that to monitor other Docker containers running in a cluster managed by Rancher itself?
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Monitoring docker containers from Rancher using nagios

Post by cdienger »

Nothing official for deploying via Docker/Rancher, but if you do some googling, you'll docker images for Nagios and plugins to check containers:

https://exchange.nagios.org/index.php?o ... ord=docker
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
madhurima12

Post by madhurima12 »

I found the docker image for nagios and have been able to deploy that through Rancher. I was unable to find an image for the plugins though. Could you help with that?
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

The default plugins should be in /usr/local/nagios/libexec, but other plugins will need to be installed manually if they are not already part of the image.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.