Nagios core 4.4.3 and gearman worker timeout

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
emi65

Nagios core 4.4.3 and gearman worker timeout

Post by emi65 »

Hi
I'm using Nagios core 4.4.3 on linux red hat 7 env
with gearmad V.0.33

ON the worker Log I got a lot of these errors
worker error: connection_pool (GEARMAN_TIMEOUT) timeout occured while trying to connect -> libgearman/connection.cc:109

Someone could help me to solve/undertand this error ?

thanks
Emilio
benjaminsmith

Re: Nagios core 4.4.3 and gearman worker timeout

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello Emilio,

Just for clarification, are trying to set this up or was it working and now your experiencing this issue?

It looks like the worker cannot connect to the Gearman server. Did you open port 4730 on the Gearman server and set the IP address in the worker configuration file to the Gearman server?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
emi65

Post by emi65 »

Hi Benjamin

The situation is a little complicated

Nagios is installed on Virtual machine and this problem happens when i turn on
the nagios in a new vmaware environment (the same vmx file but in a different vcenter)

if I use gearman_top tools I see the worker connected but some times (every 4/5 sec) I got the error
error reading from localhost:4730: Interrupted system call

and in the worker log file I got
worker error: connection_pool (GEARMAN_TIMEOUT) timeout occured while trying to connect -> libgearman/connection.cc:109

The same worker some times make a connection and other time I got connection pool error

Could you give me any suggestion to debug the problem ?
thanks
Emilio
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

The assumption is that the firewall rules/ACLS/routes are not in place? Is it in a different datacenter? Different subnet? Did you re-IP?

Please have your firewall/security/network admins investigate the network paths, the firewalls, AND any IPS/IDS devices you have in your network.

Run this from worker:
- Where X.X.X.X is the IP of your XI sever (gearman job server)

Code: Select all

nmap -p4730 X.X.X.X
Are you seeing dropped packets on the interface of the worker? What about the XI server?

Code: Select all

ethtool -S ens160
Please attach your worker and job server logs so that we can review them.