Nagios plugins - interfacetable_v3t issues

This forum is intended for the discussion of Nagios plugin development. Feature requests, patches, bug fixes, and all types of development-related discussions are welcome!

NOTE: The SourceForge.net nagiosplug-devel mailing list has been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Nagios plugins - interfacetable_v3t issues

Postby charpham » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:56 pm

Hi

Has anybody used this plugin for Nagios Core 4.3.4 on CentOS 7? I am having some problems on how to use this.. The documentation in regards to the actual configuration setup for Nagios is virtually non existent. There is no mention as how to configure this in the cfg files.. I can run the command from CLI and get results but when adding it to my switch.cfg and command.cfg, I get errors when I reload nagios. I am not sure how this is done... here is a snippet of my command.cfg file

#checking router and switch interface info
define command{
command_name check_interface_table_v3t
command_line /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_interface_table_v3t.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$
}

here is a snippet of my switch.cfg file
# monitoring inteface stats using plugin - check_interface_v3t
define service{
use generic-service ; Inherit values from a template
host_name switch-1
service_description Interface status
check_command check_interface_table_v3t.pl -2 -C <string>-f

If i reload nagios i see the following error..
feb 13 16:52:17 nagios.server.net nagios[15074]: Error: Service check command 'check_interface_table_v3t.pl -2 -C <string> -f' specified in service 'Interface status' for host 'switch-1' not defined anywhere!

is there somewhere else that this needs to be defined...?

any help would be greatly appreciated..

thanks
charpham

Re: Nagios plugins - interfacetable_v3t issues

Postby tgriep » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:03 pm

If looks like your command is missing the $ARG1$ $ARG2$ in the command line, change you command line from
Code: Select all
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_interface_table_v3t.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$

to
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_interface_table_v3t.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C $ARG1$ $ARG2$

Then in your service check, put the community string in $ARG1$ and in $ARG2$ put the following
-2 -f

Save the changes and restart nagios to see if the changes work.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
tgriep
Madmin

Return to Nagios Plugin Development