Support legacy format for check_dns

This forum is intended for the discussion of Nagios plugin development. Feature requests, patches, bug fixes, and all types of development-related discussions are welcome!

NOTE: The SourceForge.net nagiosplug-devel mailing list has been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Support legacy format for check_dns

Postby john_moody » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:22 pm

Hey Team,

The new plugin bundle looks great! My only incomapabiltiy issue is with the 'check_dns' plugin. I have the plugin configured in several hundred checks, all expecting just the IP address as the return string. Is it possible to add a parameter to return just the IP address, or allow for sub-string matching?

If the new return string format (IP+A) was due to a specific reason, and can't be changed, let me know and I will start updating :)

Thanks in advance.

cheers
john_moody

Re: Support legacy format for check_dns

Postby sreinhardt » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:24 am

You're present settings are correct, where it should only display the IP. This one must have missed testing, but I am getting to it right way.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Return to Nagios Plugin Development