Plugins 2.1-RC1 Testing

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
eloyd
Cool Title Here

Re: Plugins 2.1-RC1 Testing

Post by eloyd »

I am considering moving forward, since I believe I know what the problem (and solution) is, but I was hoping to have Nagios do the hard work. :-)
Eric Loyd • http://everwatch.global • 844.240.EVER • @EricLoydI'm a Nagios Fanatic!
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

Sorry, missed these posts without the internal trackers assistance. My tests on cent 6 showed I needed the gettext package which provides the bin msgmerge. The -update error should be prefixed with the path and bin for msgmerge which does the translations. Once that was installed everything was good to go on my end. I've setup tracking on this thread, so let me know if there are further issues. Pushing a lot of changes and looking at a full release within the month if all goes as planned. (no time machine needed, just lots and lots of caffeine).

Edit: Thanks for testing that WillemDH, and that sounds pretty cool mikew!!!
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
eloyd
Cool Title Here

Post by eloyd »

I still prefer time machine to no time machine.

Will push these through over the weekend for fun. Let you know how it goes.
Eric Loyd • http://everwatch.global • 844.240.EVER • @EricLoydI'm a Nagios Fanatic!
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

Pushed a few more commits that have been pretty heavily tested. Most specifically relate to error states not returning proper information and coverity static analysis patches. Will be pulling in timeout and perl findbin branches today before submitting another coverity scan and completing those. Same instructions for pulling the 2.1-beta branch apply. Just an FYI for those of you nice enough to test!

Edit: timeout_state and findbin branches have been merged. This includes the ability to set a return code for plugin timeouts, opposed to them always being critical, and some additional path checking and safety for perl plugins using system paths to find modules and binaries.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

Code: Select all

yum -y install gettext
After doing this and starting again from the directions in the first post of this thread it all worked OK on a basic CentOS 6.5 system. I will go and do it on my test/dev XI box.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

Timeout stuff works well:

./check_nt -H win7-01 -p 12489 -t 10:UNKNOWN -v CLIENTVERSION
UNKNOWN - Socket timeout after 10 seconds

echo $?
I think it would also be helpful if you could use the defined timeout state for other errors like "Connection refused"

./check_nt -H 127.0.0.1 -p 12489 -t 10:UNKNOWN -v CLIENTVERSION
connect to address 127.0.0.1 and port 12489: Connection refused
could not fetch information from server

echo $?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

Thanks for the idea Box! I'll have to check into what Andy did for those changes and see how applicable they are. Otherwise I will definitely keep this in mind down the road as the code is moved into a more unified state. Glad that worked with gettext as well, as you know I don't run cent 6 much, only the oldies ala 5.x. :)
nagmoto

Post by nagmoto »

Box293 wrote:Not me, I've been waiting for some direction on what to do next.
On a CentOS 6.6 development VM,I am getting exact error message. Googling brought me to this thread.
And I tried " sreinhardt"'s tip. I was able to get rid of "mv: cannot stat `t-fr.gmo': No such file or directory"
by installing the missed gettext-devel package and rerun autogen.sh and make it again.
WillemDH

Post by WillemDH »

Seems we discovered an issue with check_http that is not there with the 2.0.3 version. Plese check out this thread:

https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... 29#p160029

Seems the output is mangled in some cases.
Nagios XI 5.8.1
https://outsideit.net
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

I'm going to close this thread since 2.1.1 was already released and the beta phase is over.
Former Nagios employee