Regarding Nagios Plugin Performance Data

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
marirs

Regarding Nagios Plugin Performance Data

Post by marirs »

Hello All,

I found Nagios Plugins very useful and flexible.

I faced a slight difficulty when it comes to analyzing the performance data of the plugins.

There are more than 1000 plugins available under nagios I have tested some of it and it seems only 50% of the plugins are only producing the output as per the format mentioned in your official website.

One example which comes to my mind while writing this is check_TomcatApplications.sh.

This outputs as 'server_JVM_OK:|server_JVM_MB;;;0 server_JVM_MB;;;0 server_JVM_MB;;;0
server_ OK:|_maxTime=0ms;;;0 _processingTime=0ms;;;0 _requestCount=0ms;;;0 _errorCount=0ms;;;0 _bytesReceived=0ms;;;0 _bytesSent=0ms;;;0
server_ OK:|_maxTime=51ms;;;0 _processingTime=754ms;;;0 _requestCount=542ms;;;0 _errorCount=323ms;;;0 _bytesReceived=0ms;;;0 _bytesSent=1008999ms;;;0'

Can some one help me how to proceed on these kind of plugin outputs.
jdalrymple
Skynet Drone

Re: Regarding Nagios Plugin Performance Data

Post by jdalrymple »

We publish the guidelines and encourage people to use them. We also make the Exchange available for developers to share their plugins (hard work) and even put out a ratings system to allow users such as yourself to rate and offer feedback to the developers.

I encourage you to put comments in the Exchange page for any plugins indicating how you want to see them changed/improved, the developer will be notified. As for controlling what goes into the Exchange, we would prefer to see a partially working plugin contributed by the author than none at all and then rely on your ratings and feedback for them to improve the usefulness.