Anyone try Dell Command Monitor with OMSA plugins?

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
jriker1

Anyone try Dell Command Monitor with OMSA plugins?

Post by jriker1 »

I know there are some OMSA plugins for monitoring Dell Servers. Problem with OMSA, it doesn't work against dell systems if you decide to install a client OS on it like Windows 7 or 10. I found this option called Dell Command Monitor that supposedly can send information to Dell's central OME server like OMSA does. Curious if anyone had any background testing if this would seamlessly work with the existing OMSA plugins or not.

Thanks.

JR
hsmith
Agent Smith

Re: Anyone try Dell Command Monitor with OMSA plugins?

Post by hsmith »

It sounds like you've probably already looked over the available plugins. This is not something I personally have seen anyone try to do. Have you looked at all of the plugins on that page to see if there is one that may do a better job than the one you are attempting to use? If you have a Windows OS installed on it, could you not use something like NSClient?
Former Nagios Employee.
me.
maverickmuggle

Post by maverickmuggle »

Dell Command Monitor (previously called OMCI) is used for monitoring Dell client devices such as OptiPlex, Precision Rack Workstation and Latitude client systems which is not something I guess you require. I would suggest you to try the Official Dell OpenManage Plugin v2.0 for Nagios Core as it monitors Dell Servers using Out-of-Band (agent-less) method i.e. without having an OMSA installed. Following link will provide you with more information on how to go about installing and using Dell OpenManage Plugin:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter ... agios-core

Thanks
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Thank you for the information, but this thread is somewhat old so I will be closing it now.
Former Nagios employee