SNMP Perl Plugin use custom MIB

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
DeathDream

SNMP Perl Plugin use custom MIB

Post by DeathDream »

I'm building a custom perl plugin for SNMP that heavily depends on the MIB that I uploaded. How do I build the plugin to use this specific MIB?

Code: Select all

my ($session, $error) = Net::SNMP->session(
-hostname 		=> $Hostname,
-community 		=> $Community,
#-miblist 		=> 'F5-BIGIP-LOCAL-MIB',
#Above did not work
-port 			=> 161,
-version 		=> 'snmpv2c',
-nonblocking 	=> 0
);
If that cannot be done, how can I convert ASCII ($PoolName) entered variable to decimal value to make that an OID within perl? (Kinda outside a nagios related question but figured I'd ask here as well)

If I can use the MIB this would be how I pool

Code: Select all

my($PoolName) 	= 	$ARGV[1];
my($OIDPoolStatus) 		= 	"ltmPoolStatusAvailState.\\\"$PoolName\\\"";
my $polled_oids_1 = $session->get_request(-varbindlist => [$$OIDPoolStatus]);
tmcdonald

Re: SNMP Perl Plugin use custom MIB

Post by tmcdonald »

Definitely something that would be best asked in a forum dedicated to Perl, as it does not seem to pertain to anything Nagios-specific.

Regarding the string -> int conversion, I don't think you need to do that since what you are building is itself a string. And I also seem to recall Perl handling string -> int conversion nicely anyway:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/288 ... er-in-perl
Former Nagios employee
DeathDream

Post by DeathDream »

The main question in this post was about how can I get the plugin to be forced to use a MIB. I couldn't find anything in Net::SNMP about doing this.

I'm actually on stackoverflow now looking at the conversion process as well lol however what I found was exactly the opposite of what I was wanting: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/714 ... conversion
I'll give your link a shot if the MIB isn't an option.
kyang

Post by kyang »

Sounds good, let us know if you have any more questions

Or if you are okay to close this thread.