ncpa agent

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
biem

ncpa agent

Post by biem »

Hi all!

I installed nagios NCPA agent on windows 2008r2 server.
It's all ok after installation of vc++ redist, but when i query api for "Interface"
i can see only packet transmitted/received, but not Bytes...
Same problem on windows 2012r2.

Agent Information
Version 2.0.6

here is what i see:

{
"Local Area Connection": {
"packets_sent": [
"packets"
],
"dropin": [
"packets"
],
"bytes_recv": [
"B"
],
"packets_recv": [
"packets"
],
"errin": [
"errors"
],
"dropout": [
"packets"
],
"bytes_sent": [
"B"
],
"errout": [
"errors"
]
}
}

Why this?

Thank's a lot!
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: ncpa agent

Post by lmiltchev »

NCPA gets the data from the Windows Performance Counters via the psutil. It is possible that you have an issue with these counters. Do you see sent/received bytes when you open the "Performance Monitor" on your Windows server?

You can try rebuilding the Windows Performance Counters to see if this is going to fix the issue:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ver-2008-6

I would also recommend rebooting the Windows server after you rebuild the counters.

If this doesn't fix the issue, post the entire "ncpa_listener.log", usually located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nagios\NCPA\var\log\" directory. Also, run the following commands on the nagios server in the CLI (from the plugins directory), and show the output:

Code: Select all

./check_ncpa.py -H <ip address> -t '<token>' -M 'interface/Local Area Connection/bytes_recv' -v
./check_ncpa.py -H <ip address> -t '<token>' -M 'interface/Local Area Connection/bytes_sent' -v
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!