Nagios integration via BacNet.

This forum is intended for the discussion of Nagios plugin development. Feature requests, patches, bug fixes, and all types of development-related discussions are welcome!

NOTE: The SourceForge.net nagiosplug-devel mailing list has been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Nagios integration via BacNet.

Postby termcap » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:03 am

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has done Nagios integration via bacnet ? Bacnet is a protocol that is used for BMS systems like lifts, fire alarms etc.

Bacnet functions quite like SNMP, where each device (fire alarm, UPS) has an identifier and a return status.

Thanks,
Termcap.
termcap

Re: Nagios integration via BacNet.

Postby scottwilkerson » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:05 pm

I have not hear of a plugin for these, and a quick search doesn't find much but if the data is available to be probed a plugin could easily be written in any language. I'll leave the thread open in case a community member has written one and wants to share, and I am also going to link to the Nagios Plugin Development Guidelines which give the information on how a plugin shold be written to use with NAgios

https://nagios-plugins.org/doc/guidelines.html
scottwilkerson
CTO

Return to Nagios Plugin Development