Check_Memory for AIX

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
ruffdl

Check_Memory for AIX

Post by ruffdl »

I have several AIX 7.1 servers and am using Nagios Core 4.3.1 to monitor the services. I'm trying to add Check_memory to the service list but am not able to find a script to work. I just took over this job and was not around for the initial rollout. I mention that because all the LINUX servers have Check_memory configured. I tried adding the Check_memory command to /usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg and added a check_memory script to /usr/local/nagios/libexec directory. Then I restarted the Nagios process on the Nagios Core server and ran a check service for that agent but still it doesn't appear in the service details for that agent server when I view it.. My questions..
1) where can I get a official check_memory script for AIX and how do I restart/refresh the nrpe.cfg file after an update?

Note that the nrpe.cfg file is working and reporting for several other services .
Thank you
tgriep
Madmin

Re: Check_Memory for AIX

Post by tgriep »

To find a check_memory plugin, take a look at the Exchange site and see if there is one available.
https://exchange.nagios.org/

If the NRPE agent is set to run as a daemon on your AIX server, you would run these commands to stop and then start the NRPE agent to reload the changes in the config file.
stopsrc -s nrpe
startsrc -s nrpe

Try that and let us know if you have ant other questions.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!