develop my own nagios plugin for Oracle database

This forum is intended for the discussion of Nagios plugin development. Feature requests, patches, bug fixes, and all types of development-related discussions are welcome!

NOTE: The SourceForge.net nagiosplug-devel mailing list has been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

develop my own nagios plugin for Oracle database

Postby pedropedro » Wed May 16, 2018 7:03 am

Hy, thanks to help me i will be thankfull.

Please i have worked by your Nagios plugin for Oracle database. it's the famous check_oracle_health plugin. it works fine for me with nagios 4.2.1 and Oracle 12c release 2.

Now, i have to add a service for my database that can extract the most Oracle query consume cpu time and the user correspond in 1 week or 1 day. I have a little knowledge in perl programming and anthe basics for Oracle. where i could find this informations (table or vue v$ ...).

thanks a lot for guiding me to develop this service. it's urgent.
Best regards : )
pedropedro

Re: develop my own nagios plugin for Oracle database

Postby scottwilkerson » Wed May 16, 2018 12:46 pm

Sorry, we are not the developers of the check_oracle_health plugin, they can be found here

https://labs.consol.de/nagios/check_ora ... index.html
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
scottwilkerson
CTO

Postby pedropedro » Thu May 17, 2018 6:22 am

hy sir, thanks for your reply.

it's not a mater, you can propose to me a script or a demarch to follow or something like that other of the one used in oracle_check_helth.
what about amelioration of the plugin check_oracle which come with the nagios plugin ?!

thanks a lot.
pedropedro

Postby scottwilkerson » Thu May 17, 2018 8:37 am

I cannot guide you on creating a new plugin or Oracle as we are not well versed in Oracle. I can however give you a link to the Nagios Plugin Development Guidelines
https://nagios-plugins.org/doc/guidelines.html

These are the guidelines you will want to follow in creating your own nagios plugin.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
scottwilkerson
CTO

Postby pedropedro » Fri May 18, 2018 1:13 pm

sorry sir, but this link shows just recommandations that a developer should respect in order explain configuration and all people could use it.
Please i need some documents to learn how to develop plugin on perl for Oracle ?!
thanks sir.
pedropedro

Postby scottwilkerson » Fri May 18, 2018 1:22 pm

Again, we are not Oracle developers here, but I can leave this thread active in case there is a community member here that has information for you.
scottwilkerson
CTO

Postby pedropedro » Sat May 19, 2018 12:08 pm

thanks sir. hope there is someone who can help me.
i will be thankfull for him :)
pedropedro

Postby scottwilkerson » Mon May 21, 2018 8:10 am

pedropedro wrote:thanks sir. hope there is someone who can help me.
i will be thankfull for him :)

Agreed
scottwilkerson
CTO

Return to Nagios Plugin Development