Why can't I see any difference when I use these parameters?

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
wolverine777

Why can't I see any difference when I use these parameters?

Post by wolverine777 »

Hello, I am an absolute newborn with Nagios and I already must create a complete plugin.

I have the following in my diskspace.cfg that I have created in /usr/local/nagios/etc/objects

define command {
command_name check_xard
command_line $USER1$/check_xard -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c check_xard -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$
}

define service {
use generic-service
host_name myserver
service_description CheckHDD
check_command check_xard
notifications_enabled 0
notification_options w,c,u,r
}

I wonder what I did wrong and if there's a sort of step-by-step instruction to understand how to operate with w,c etc.

Thank you
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Why can't I see any difference when I use these paramete

Post by cdienger »

You would need to pass additional arguments to see a difference. For example:

Code: Select all

define service {
use generic-service
host_name myserver
service_description CheckHDD
check_command check_xard!50!60
notifications_enabled 0
notification_options w,c,u,r
}
The resulting check that is run would then be:

Code: Select all

check_xard -H myserver -c check_xard -w 50 -c 60
The values given to -w and c may need to be tweaking. W and c usually indicate the warning and critical values, and these can be numbers, percentages, strings, etc...

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... n/toc.html is a good place to start if you're new to Nagios. Check out the "Configuring Nagios" and "The Basics" sections.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.