EBJCA PKI certificate check

This forum is intended for the discussion of Nagios plugin development. Feature requests, patches, bug fixes, and all types of development-related discussions are welcome!

NOTE: The SourceForge.net nagiosplug-devel mailing list has been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

EBJCA PKI certificate check

Postby jcoba » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:31 pm

Hi.
Currently we have a EBJCA PKI certificate running on our premises, ¿its possible to check for an expiring certificate and create an alert?.
Julian C
jcoba

Re: EBJCA PKI certificate check

Postby cdienger » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:36 pm

Is the certificate being used for a web service or how is the certificate accessible? The check_http plugin can be used to monitor certificates used by web services, but I'm not familiar with EBJCA to know if this is good fit.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
cdienger
Support Tech

Postby jcoba » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:36 am

Thanks for the reply.
The certificates are used to authenticate a vpn connection inside a remote ASA device, other are used to sign documents. There is not accesible to http check.
Julian C
jcoba

Postby cdienger » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:54 pm

check_ssl_cert can be used to check a cert of a filesystem - https://matteocorti.github.io/check_ssl_cert/. For example:

Code: Select all
./check_ssl_cert -H localhost --file /etc/pki/tls/certs/localhost.crt
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
cdienger
Support Tech

Postby jcoba » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:14 am

Do i need to copy those certs to my nagios installation? I cant reach any firewall from the nagios install
Julian C
jcoba

Postby cdienger » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:57 am

The certificates would need to be on the same machine as the check_ssl_cert plugin. This can be the Nagios machine or it can be on a remote machine that uses an agent like NCPA or NRPE to communicate with the Nagios server.
cdienger
Support Tech

Postby jcoba » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:57 am

Thanks
Julian C
jcoba

Return to Nagios Plugin Development