This protected script don't support version 7.0.13 of PHP

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
Fortytwo

This protected script don't support version 7.0.13 of PHP

Post by Fortytwo »

Hi.

I tried this morning to install NagiosLogServer on my Ubuntu 16.04LTS server. The installation is ok.
When I go to http://myurlserver/nagioslogserver, I've this stupid error message :
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: User Error

Message: SourceGuardian Loader - This protected script does not support version 7.0.13-0ub of PHP. Please contact the author of the script regarding this problem. Error code [07]

Filename: core/LS_Controller.php

Line Number: 2
I tried to edit LS_Controller to simply edit the condition, trying to replace

Code: Select all

if ($__dl && $__e && version_compare($__v, '5.2.5', '<') && function_exists('getcwd') && function_exists('dirname'))
by

if ($__dl && $__e && version_compare($__v, '7.1', '<') && function_exists('getcwd') && function_exists('dirname'))
But a new stupid error spawn :
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: User Error

Message: SourceGuardian Loader - Protected script's header checksum error. Probably the encoded file was modified. Please install an original unmodified file or contact the author of the script to get the original file. Error code [17]

Filename: core/LS_Controller.php

Line Number: 2
What the hell ?

I'll not downgrade php to php5. And it just stupid that Nagios don't want to run with php7...

Thanks to help me.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: This protected script don't support version 7.0.13 of PH

Post by dwhitfield »

Nagios Log Server is supported only on RHEL and CentOS Linux servers We'd certainly like to support more distributions in the future, but currently we do not have an ETA on that. I apologize for the inconvenience.
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

I tried to edit LS_Controller to simply edit the condition, trying to replace

if ($__dl && $__e && version_compare($__v, '5.2.5', '<') && function_exists('getcwd') && function_exists('dirname'))
by

if ($__dl && $__e && version_compare($__v, '7.1', '<') && function_exists('getcwd') && function_exists('dirname'))
This code exists for a reason. NLS is built against PHP5, not with PHP7 in mind. My guess is this will change once the default repositories upgrade.
Former Nagios Employee
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Just checking in since we have not heard from you in a while. Did @rkennedy's post clear things up or has the issue otherwise been resolved?
Former Nagios employee