No more daily index created

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
miche

No more daily index created

Post by miche »

Hello,
My company own a licence but I don't know how to notify your team so as to have access to the customer support :)

Anyway, we are currently facing an issue : after a "no space left" problem on our NLS server (2.0.0), I had to repair the instance and delete corrupted indices and re-import some of them from the backups.

Everything went OK and NLS worked fine as it's supposed to be.
But the day after I've noticed that /var/log/logstash/logstash.log grew very fast and the reason why was that the current index was not automaticly created ...

I did create it with a "curl XPUT" command, but the issue is still here :(
I even tried to update to 2.0.2 with the secret hope that it would fix the situation but sadly, no...

I searched on Internet without success, that's why I'm asking for your help :)
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: No more daily index created

Post by cdienger »

If you haven't already, try just restarting the service with:

service elasticsearch restart

If that doesn't resolve the problem you can go to https://support.nagios.com/add-contact/ to add yourself as a contact and create a ticket at https://support.nagios.com/tickets/ . The first thing I will want to look at is a profile that you can generate under Admin > System > System Status.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
miche

Post by miche »

Thank you for your quick reply !

However, restarting elasticsearch didn't fix the issue :(

I am currently missing the information reguarding the one on one licence but I will find that information very shortly. I will recontact you as soon as I have the information.

Is the second link you provided accurate because it is the same than the first one.

Is there any secure way to send the system profile files ?

Thank you.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

The link has been updated. The site uses https and the upload will be encrypted.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
miche

Post by miche »

Great, thank you. I have just created the ticket with system-profile in it
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Got it. I'll take a look now.