List of hosts in the Log Server console

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
vinish098

List of hosts in the Log Server console

Post by vinish098 »

When I am accessing the Log Server Home page, I am able to see "Receiving logs from 10 hosts" .

From where i can see the list of hosts configured in Nagios Log server like Nagios XI.

I am not able to find out unless i put a filter and enter the IP address of host. I need to see the list of all the hosts configured in Log Server.

Pls help. Thanks in advance..
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: List of hosts in the Log Server console

Post by scottwilkerson »

If you go to the dashboard, to the left of the table, if you click on "host" you will see some of the IP's, if you click on the "Terms" dropdown you can select Table and get a preview of what this terms table will look like at the top of the normal table view.

Now, if you want to add it to the dashboard you can drag from the + to the right of where it says "Top 10 terms in field host" up to a place on the dashboard, and now you can edit it to show how many you would like, it's size, etc.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
gormank

Post by gormank »

Sorry to hijack, but thanks for that. I created a dashboard with just the list of hosts. actually logsources so it shows hostnames. Just for grins, I exported the dashboard and attached it here.
It made sense since I had watched the video in the link below where it explains this sort of thing about halfway through.
The 2nd link is a 5 minute video on running queries and filtering.

https://youtu.be/0Qw2CUhZE74
https://youtu.be/vvhChfb5ruQ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gormank on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

Thanks for sharing @gormank!
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com