Alerts not running since 2.0.0

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
paul.blackman

Alerts not running since 2.0.0

Post by paul.blackman »

Good Afternoon All,

I've been working towards forwarding logs for all equipment to Nagios for a few months now and it's been working really well, since I've updated to Nagios 2.0.0 from (I believe) 1.4.4 the Alerts I have setup are no longer running

I have 3 alerts setup to review 24 hours worth of logs and send an email to myself, when I run the alerts manually it works with no problems, they run instantly and I get the email within a few seconds

I have the Alert interval set too 24h and look back interval to 24h

To clarify, the Alerts work, they just don't run on the 24h Alert Interval I specify

Anyone else having these issues?
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Alerts not running since 2.0.0

Post by lmiltchev »

What is the alert method that you are using - email, SNMP Trap, NRDP, etc.? Have you tried resetting all jobs (including run_all_alerts)?

Admin > System > Command Subsystem > Reset All Jobs
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
paul.blackman

Post by paul.blackman »

Thanks for the reply lmiltchev

I managed to get this working by playing around with it for a bit, I did how ever do what you suggested anyways doing the run_all_alerts and resetting them, this seems to of solved it. I now have an issue where the link to the dashboard doesn't work, I've opened another ticket for this as it's a different issues
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

I am glad your original issue has been resolved! We will follow up on the new issue in the other thread you opened. I am locking this topic.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!