Nagios Log server - Issue with Configure tab

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
pilayar90

Nagios Log server - Issue with Configure tab

Post by pilayar90 »

Hi Team,

I have deployed NLS in RHEL 7 and all the components are working fine like httpd,elasticsearch,logstash.

But under the configure tab, if I am trying to add a new filter and apply configuration, the new configuration is not being applied and snapshot is being created at the snapshots tab.

Per instance (Advanced) tab does not have the details of the instance where the NLS is installed.

Can anyone help me here please?

Thanks in advance!!!
kyang

Re: Nagios Log server - Issue with Configure tab

Post by kyang »

I'm going to move your thread into the General forums --> Nagios Log Server topic. It's better suited there.

What version of NLS do you have?

Could you post the filter you are trying to apply?
Topaazy

Post by Topaazy »

Hey,pilatar90.
Check it out this PDF:
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... Server.pdf
Maybe you can find solutions to your problem.
Give us feed back later.Cheer.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

The per Instance section should list each instance and any unique logstash config per nls server. If all your configuration is done on the Global Config then we wouldn't expect to see anything under the Per Instance section.

When you make changes the Global config, make sure to click the "Save & Apply" button. If there are any problems with the config then you will receive a "The configuration could not be verified" message. You can click the "Verify" button under found under the Global Config section to get a more detailed message of the problem.

If there are any further problems, please provide screenshots of the behavior, any errors you receive and a copy of the config(View > All Files Combined).
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.