NLS Export as CSV

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
hyacinth

NLS Export as CSV

Post by hyacinth »

As we know, there is a menu called "Export as CSV" in LS dashboard which can export collected syslog datas. Can we set the export data function automatically and regularly and to a specified location such as other storage server ?
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: NLS Export as CSV

Post by cdienger »

Export as CSV is a manual option at this time but we can submit a feature request if you'd like.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
hyacinth

Post by hyacinth »

@cdienger
Yes, We'd like to submit a feature request that how NLS can export log data to Splunk automatically and regularly with self-defined filter.
Besides, where NLS restore the log data ? how long can the data be restored ?
Thanks !
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

Hi, @hyacinth. cdienger is out of the office this week. I will go ahead and submit a feature request. Please keep in mind that the decision to implement the enhancement is at the sole discretion of our development team.
You can go to the Admin menu, then Snapshots And Maintenance and take a look at the "Delete indexes older than" field. If it's set to 0 then NLS will never delete the old history, otherwise, you can specify the number of days.
I think the data is stored in /usr/local/nagioslogserver/elasticsearch/data, but you should not modify anything manually.

Let me know if you have any other questions so far.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
hyacinth

Post by hyacinth »

npolovenko wrote:Hi, @hyacinth. cdienger is out of the office this week. I will go ahead and submit a feature request. Please keep in mind that the decision to implement the enhancement is at the sole discretion of our development team.
You can go to the Admin menu, then Snapshots And Maintenance and take a look at the "Delete indexes older than" field. If it's set to 0 then NLS will never delete the old history, otherwise, you can specify the number of days.
I think the data is stored in /usr/local/nagioslogserver/elasticsearch/data, but you should not modify anything manually.

Let me know if you have any other questions so far.

Thanks Kyang,
I have found the location of log data, there are five files 0/1/2/3/4 which stored the data, what's the relationship between them ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

DO NOT interact with these directly, these are lucene shards (not text files) and hold the elasticsearch data.

Log Server has the ability to add an output to the configurations already, go to
Configure -> Global Config -> Click Show Output

There you can add an output block to send to another location, of whatever variety you choose from the following
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstas ... ugins.html
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com